Cappadocia Green Tour description
• 09.30 AM pick up from the hotel
• Göreme Panorama viewpoint
• Derinkuyu Underground City: The most significant and profound underground settlement in Cappadocia, dating back to the 7th-8th centuries. Explore the 8 levels interconnected by narrow tunnels and stone-carved stairways. See the winery, church, kitchens, food storage areas and animal stalls while your guide gives you an insight into their daily life.
• Selime Cathedral: The most significant rock-carved monastery in the region, was once home to Hittite, Roman, Byzantine, Seljuk and Ottoman civilizations.
• Turkish lunch: in Ihlara Valley by the river.
• After lunch, an easy 4km hike (approx. 1 hour) along the river through the deep Ihlara Valley canyon, scattered with cave churches carved by early Christian monks.
• Viewpoint in Uçhisar: Facing the famous Pigeon Valley with its houses carved into the stone by ancient inhabitants.
• Return to the hotel